Webinar - Gender and Diversity for Emerging Technology
How do we ensure development of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and quantum computing consider gender and diversity? Registration is open (see below) for an informative, entertaining look at the role of gender and diversity in cutting edge areas of science and technology. How can international collaboration between Australia and France, and the work of organisations such as the OECD assist the cause?
A unique opportunity to hear directly from Australian Chief Scientist Dr Cathy Foley, who will speak about Australia’s quantum vision and the role of diversity in emerging tech.
Other speakers are:
- Professor Anna Ma-Wyatt, Co-Director of the French-Australian Laboratory for Humans-Autonomous Agents Teaming, based in Adelaide, Australia;
- Élisabeth Kohler, Director of the CNRS Mission for Women’s Integration
- Audrey Plonk, Head of the Digital Economy Policy Division, Directorate for Science, Technology and Innovation, Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Anne Siegel, Deputy Scientific Director, CNRS Institute for Research in IT and Random Systems
- Johanna Weaver, Director, Tech Policy Design Centre, Australian National University
The webinar will be moderated by Annette Young, host of The 51 Percent on France 24 and will include simultaneous interpretation in French and English.
- 10.30am – 11.30am Paris time, Wednesday 13 July
- 6.30pm – 7.30pm Australian Eastern Standard time, Wednesday 13 July
Please register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.